Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Where do you buy your washi tape?


I was perusing through pinterest and saw someone pin this with the price listed on the top corner as $11.50.  I absolutely LOVE Paper Source, but sometimes they're a bit unreasonable with their prices -  I've seen the exact 2-set polka dot patterned tape at a local Japanese stationary store for $7-8.   For me, $7-8 is fairly reasonable for a set of washi tapes of this size & particular pattern (I know that other special patterns tend to cost more - which is reasonable depending on the pattern).

Anyway, seeing this got me thinking about where other people buy their washi tapes.  I've seen bloggers with amazing collections of washi tapes.  I want to keep building my collection, but it does get expensive!  So, I'm wondering.  Where do you buy your washi tape?  Any shop recommendations?

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, Paper Source is pretty pricey. I buy all my washi tapes from etsy, approximately $3 - $4 a roll, but then you include shipping and it becomes overpriced, haha. However it's worth it because of the lovely patterns they have. 'Typo' occasionally have their sales. I recently bought a roll for $1 - bargainnn ~ We also have Kinokuniya and they stock a set of 3 mt tapes for roughly $15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there are a lot of 'cheap' Etsy sellers :) But I just bought my new washi tape from a Dutch shop (but they only ship to Belgium and the Netherlands) :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of omiyage and cute tape myself. Happy tape is also great, but the shipping can be outrageous. I hope you find a great washi tape shop that works for you, because washi tape is so addictively awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great question - I"m always on the look out for cheap washi ... I tend to fall back on etsy every time just because of the choice ... I'll keep looking back at this post thou to see if anyone has any top tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only own 4 tapes as like you said they are over priced compared to the other tapes, its tempting to buy them all the same like you said as they have cute designs and look great when I've seen others use them. One of my sets came from modes4u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for responding w/ your comments and shop recommendations! I will be checking them out and also continuing my search for more washi tape sources

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really tricky getting washi tape in the UK so I always got them from etsy....crafty japan is my favorite as you can get lots of the limited edition pieces and the shipping is really fast! However the prices have gone up over the last few months :(. OO and i LOVE poodles and noodles http://www.poodlesandnoodles.com/ small selection but lovely!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out Yardsellr, I found rolls for less than $4, free shipping and with the points I accumulated I ended up getting each roll for a buck ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!! I will definitely be looking at yardsellr!

      Delete
  9. I own a shop called www.washilane.com in Australia. I like to think the prices are very reasonable and I am always on the search for the newest designs :) I ship worldwide too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!