Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Japanese Cooking

Hello Bunnies!

Lately I've been eating ochazuke for lunch and thought I would share this easy recipe.  This is so easy to make and if you don't have a lot of time for breakfast or lunch, then this is a super quick meal.  All you need is the ochazuke seasoning, rice, and hot green tea.  You place the rice in a bowl, sprinkle the seasoning on top, and then pour the green tea over the rice.  It's a delicious, yet very easy meal!  You can put fish or keep it simple and just put seaweed.  Or you could go daring and try other non-traditional toppings like tofu or random veggies.  Whatever you like really!


On the topic of Japanese Cooking, I'd like to share with you all my FAVORITE Japanese cooking youtube channel: Cooking With Dog.  Seriously, if you like to eat Japanese food, you must try the recipes from this channel (they also have a more original recipe for ochazuke).  I have tried a number of them:

  • Crepes
  • Hamburg steak
  • Oyakodon (chicken bowl over rice)
  • Gyudon (beef bowl over rice)
  • Tebasaki Chicken
  • Omurice (Omelette with rice and filling)
  • Dorayaki (Red bean filled pancake)
  • Agedashi Tofu (Fried tofu)
  • Gyoza (one of their absolute best recipes!)
  • Shabu Shabu (sliced meat cooked in broth & other veggies)
  • Sukiyaki (Beef cooked in sukiyaki broth and other veggies)
I have never been disappointed when trying a cooking with dog recipe.  These recipes, if followed properly (i've messed up before on the tebasaki chicken), taste SO good... It makes me never want to order these from the restaurants ever again.

Anyway, hope you all get a chance to try out the recipes from this channel.   I love this channel - It's probably the one I actually try the most recipes/tutorials from.  Let me know how it turns out!

8 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! And I'll totally check that YouTube channel, thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and let me know how it turns out for you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Try their tutorials! and it's very quirky yet funny in a way that they have their dog sitting next to them as they cook. haha.

      Delete
  3. This sounds really yummy, I'm definitely going to try it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope you end up liking the recipes as much as me!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Cooking with Dog! I learned most of my Japanese cooking skills from watching their videos.

    If you're into desserts, try the tofu dango;) It's such an easy and nice recipe. I really liked the toppings as well<3

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I learn so much from cooking w/ dog!! It's also so funny how the dog just sits there. it adds character to the videos haha. And oo, I will have to try the tofu dango then now that you are saying it's easy. I've always been intimidated to try that one since I perceived it to be difficult to make. I love tofu dango!

      Delete

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!