Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Yakini Q Cafe - SF Cute Cafe

I've mentioned before that I love going into a place based on aesthetics.  Naturally, I walked passed this cafe in Japantown and had to go in.  This cafe has a comfortable and homey feel.  They have a range of European and Asian desserts.  They have games on the book shelves for customers to play while enjoying a coffee or dessert.  Today, the husband and I ordered a pot of tea flower.  This is the first time I've tried this and fell absolutely in love with it.  The tea starts as a ball that blooms into a flower when steeped with hot water. It has a jasmine taste to it.

Tea for Two:

image

Looks like someone's living room.  Very comfortable setting.  The husband and I played a game of chess while enjoying our pot of tea.

image

Tea flower blooms!

image

2 comments:

  1. Awe, this looks like such a neat place to visit! I love tea houses! I'll add it to my list of must-go places when we got up there ;).

    And, oh, yes, the ladies told me the cake was delish :p, so I guess that made up for the crappy appearance, haha. Thanks a lot for dropping by!

    Hope your week was off to a great start! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those washi tapes. So many cute designs. Your blog is great - filled with all the same things I like!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!