Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

RAK packages

It's always nice to send packages, especially when they are random and for no real reason.  It reminds us of the special, regular moments in life.  I know for me, I always have as much fun, if not more, actually making things for other people versus getting things.

I decided that I'd randomly send a very close friend of mine a random package.  No, it's not her birthday, nor is it some holiday.  Plus, the items in the package are completely random as well with no real theme or connection.  They're just things I know she likes and enjoys in general. While it was random, little did I know that the day she receives the package is also the day she finds out she is to be promoted to manager at her company!  I was ecstatic to hear the news and happy there was something in her mail to congratulate her in some form.  Lesson learned, that random packages can sometimes also be a sent at a very opportune time as well.

Cheers to random packages sent through snail mail:

I'm not going to lie.  Part of the reason why I subscribed to birchbox is because of the boxes they come in.  Perfect size and shape for packages such as these.



Got these memo pads from Daiso.  They are the perfect size and shape.  Easy to decorate with washi tapes and random papers.



Time to put random items in package!  As you can see, I decorated the lid to cover the birchbox logo.  I absolutely loved this patterned paper I got from paper source and plan to make envelopes out of them.  Isn't the pattern adorable?



Items inside: Bangles, Stila gold eyeliner (She is also a professional dancer, so I thought this would be fun for her shows!), an assortment of teas (she is also obsessed with tea just like me), and of course the hand decorated memo pad to fill with quotes and fun memories.  The graph paper inside can also be used for packaging!



Tie, package, and add a key.  Ready to mail!



I will definitely send more random packages to friends.  So fun to make!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh that is so cute! I especially like what you did with the notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Sending and receiving parcels is one of my favourite things too. Did you or do you plan to take part in Send Something Good?

    Love the sweet paper you found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! washi tapes/cute papers work wonders on plain things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! I actually am not familiar w/ "send something good" -- but it sounds like something I"d definitely be interested in participating in. Let me know the info!

    Thnx again for stopping by. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a post that explains about the project:
    http://gentrilee.blogspot.co.uk/p/send-something-good-project.html

    And if you want to register your interest for the next round of the project, you just send a message to this email address: sendsomethinggood2012@gmail.com

    I'm planning to take part next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I will definitely sign up for the next project :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! Sending random packages is the best :p. Love that wrapping paper! Hope your friend loved to get this package!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of sending a random package - any excuse to break out the washi tape! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!