Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Breakfast

I've had an intense year as I've been easing into my career as a teacher.  This past year, I've held 2 jobs.  One as a sub, and another as an after school program leader.  In addition, I give whatever remaining energy I have to volunteer teaching and coordinating in another community based organization.  It can pretty much be considered another full-time job if you count how long I work and the effort I put into it.

So, It's been a tough and extremely busy year, but I made it through and my fifth graders are graduating on Thursday! I am so proud of them and will probably be in tears as some of them were my very first students ever 3 years ago.  It's been extremely tough balancing everything I've had to do, but it's been an amazing experience that I would not trade for anything in the world.  I love teaching, and I hope to have my own classroom soon.

With such a busy schedule, I have always had to eat on the go.  Today was one of the first times in a while that I actually got to take the time and enjoy my breakfast.  Naturally, I felt the need to commemorate and live in this moment by taking a photo.  I had a simple toast and jam along with a pot of tea.  It felt nice.  A nice taste and preview of the summer vacation.  Now I truly understand why teachers need the 3 months off!  It is exhausting working with kids all day!

image

Live in the moment and be grateful for the calmness and simplicity that life can bring.  I need to savor and value breakfast more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!