Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Handmade Gift Basket Idea


Lately, I've been in to making handmade gifts for friends.  It's so much fun to put together, plus it gives me a chance to attend to the packaging aesthetics.  This was a gift I put together for Christmas, but it could be for any day of the year.  This package has a homemade sugar scrub, green tea facial mask, and a bar of soap.  Click here for the homemade sugar scrub tutorial, and the green tea facial mask tutorial.  I love how both feel and the effect it has on my skin.  It always feels more clear and bright after these treatments.

To both recipes, I added vitamin E oil for more moisturizing value, as well as skin damage renewal.



In the photo, I got the basket and jars from Daiso.  I got the filler from the dollar store.  The packaging consists of simple stamps, tissue paper, and card stock.  And the actual products inside were basic household products.  This is the other great aspect of homemade gifts -- you can make a lot for all your friends without going over your budget.  It's the effort and love that you put in rather than the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!