Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Elevated Envelope

Who has ever participated in this project?  If you haven't, you should try it! Go to elevatedenvelope.com and click on their blog. I had a lot of fun doing this.  I'm not much of an artist, but I enjoy doodling in my notebooks during lectures.  My notebooks are full of cute little random drawings like this.

Anyhow, the theme this summer was "sweet" and I took it literally and just drew a bunch of sweet foods w/ kawaii faces.  I included a pack of fruity tea to go in with each envelope for a sweet surprise!

 hehe, I kinda made a mistake and wrote her name as "tara ephemera," when that is not her last name! oops, sorry Tara if you are reading this! I hope you liked it regardless :)

Konnichiwa!  My poor penmanship probably shows, but it still looks cute! I made the envelopes out of kinokuniya book covers because I really liked the thin paper.


They probably look like something an elementary school kid would make/draw, BUT hey, that's why I am an elementary school teacher :P  I'm very in touch w/ that part of me.




2 comments:

  1. Those are just so cute and I'm sure she loved everything. BTW its called connecting to your inner child :P. I find I'm always drawn to childish things when out shopping which probably comes from working with little ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh yes, that's what i was looking for - connecting to my inner child. Same here, very drawn to childish things when shopping. My students draw the cutest things like my envelopes, so I pick up a lot form them as well.

      Delete

I love hearing from all you readers who stop by! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!